Our stunning 11 1/2″ 24K custom gold statuette is manufactured by R.S. Owens, the same company that manufactures the Oscar. The winner of our Best Short Film category will receive this award at no cost to them, while winners in other categories will be given the option to acquire it. Additional awards and prizes may be Read More ...
Founded in 2015, One-Reeler is a unique IMDb-recognized international awards competition that recognizes and promotes quality short films with a runtime of 12 minutes or less. Attracting filmmakers from all over the world, the competition emphasizes original, concise and impactful storytelling – the same qualities film festivals and distributors look for. With thousands of short films submitted every year, placement in our competition signifies to the film community that your “one-reeler” is exceptional.
WHERE OUR FILMMAKERS ARE FROM:
The One-Reeler Short Film Competition is international in scope and has recognized filmmakers in Argentina, Australia, Canada, France, Hungary, Ireland, Mexico, Sweden, United Kingdom, the United States and more!
WHAT KIND OF MEDIA:
One-Reeler is an ideal venue for live-action, documentary, and animated short films. As long as your entry is 12 minutes or less and tells a story, it is eligible for submission.
Judging takes place by in-house staff and a committee of industry professionals. There is one primary category: Best Short Film. In addition to the primary category, all submissions will be considered for Awards of Excellence, Merit, Honorable Mention and Special Mention. Subcategories can be selected for an additional fee. These subcategories include Best Animated Short, Best Documentary Short, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Cinematography, Best Concept Art, Best Director, Best Editing, Best Music, Best Screenplay, and Best Visual Effects.
There can be only one winner per primary category and subcategory. All submissions will be considered for Awards of Excellence, Merit, Honorable Mention, and Special Mention. A submission to the One-Reeler Short Film Competition does not guarantee placement. We receive hundreds of submissions from all over the world and not everyone can place. Winners are announced twice a year on June 30th and December 31st. Submissions are accepted year-round.
All submitters will be contacted via electronic mail, unless standard mail notification is selected. After judging has concluded, winners in all categories will be notified of their placement (or no placement) and are given the opportunity to acquire awards and other keepsakes to commemorate their achievement.
• Submissions must be 12 minutes or less (including end credits).
• Submissions in other than English must be subtitled English.
• Screenplay submissions must be uploaded as a PDF file, typed in English, and properly formatted using 12-point Courier font. Most screenwriting software will do this for you. CLICK HERE to display an industry format guide.
• Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
• The entry fee for the primary judging category is $60. Each subcategory is $40.
• Please provide an online link to your submission and be sure to include the password on our submission form if applicable. DVDs are not accepted.